Strength training uses resistance to build strength and endurance. Our 10,000 square feet of dedicated strength training space boasts an outstanding range of the latest equipment, manned by internationally renowned experts.
Strength training differs from bodybuilding, weightlifting, powerlifting and strongman in that it’s a form of exercise rather than a sport. Designed to improve your performance, it involves prescribed personalised training routines that will help you become stronger and more flexible in the areas you need to.
- Increases bone, muscle, tendon and ligament strength and toughness
- Improves joint function
- Reduces chance of injury
- Improves heart function
- Temporarily increases metabolism
- Elevates HDL (good) cholestrol
- The UK’s largest free weight section, with more than 110 pieces of strength training apparatus
- The latest equipment from Technogym, Hammer Strength, Magnum, Iron Grip and Free Motion
- Standalone Kinesis machines
- Power lifting area with two Olympic lifting platforms
Personal training is a very effective way to achieve your health and fitness goals. Click here to find out more about personal training at the club.